Terms & Conditions
King Island Escapes: Terms and Conditions of Stay.
Porky Beach Retreat
Booking this beach house is very different from booking a regular hotel room or resort, especially with regards to payments and cancellations.
To maintain a high standard for our guests we require compliance with certain conditions. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions.
These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the site after it has been posted.
Please read and accept the following conditions carefully before booking.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, direct deposit or cheque. (1.5% surcharge on credit card)
When the guest makes a booking request, the guest must make the appropriate deposit payment to King Island Escapes within 7 working days of availability confirmation. The following deposit payment must be received:
- For rentals beginning more than 45 days after the date of booking, a deposit of 1 nights accommodation is required. The remaining balance must be paid in full 45 days prior to scheduled arrival.
- For rentals beginning 45 days or less after the date of booking, full payment is required.
If the required deposit payment is not received within the 7 working day period, or contact is made with the property manager by written email and a acknowledged response, King Island Escapes reserves the right to void the booking request.
For public holidays and Christmas period 20th December to 14th January, full payment is required 4 months prior to scheduled arrival.
As a small boutique property group our business depends on maximising occupancy, and cancellations often result in empty properties due to booking lead times and limited capacity.
- Cancellations prior to 45 days of arrival will have total monies paid refunded, less $50 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations within 45 days of arrival - all monies will be forfeited, unless all nights can be resold.
- An exception to the above is public holidays and Christmas period to January 14th, where cancellations within 4 months will forfeit all monies.
- No refund will be given in the event of non-arrival, or for any unused nights due to flight/weather disruption. At property manager's discretion if any alternative options are available they will be offered. If we can fully resell your booking all monies will be refunded or held in credit, less $50.
- King Island Escapes is a booking Agent. Any change of property ownership would trigger events beyond our control and bookings in that case would be reviewed and subject to change or cancellation depending on new owners. In the event of cancellation by a new owner a full refund would be made.
- The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
We highly recommend that you protect yourself with travel insurance.
Typical check-in is at 3pm, and check-out at 10.30am unless stated otherwise.
If possible and the property is available, we will endeavour to help guests into the property earlier. Late check-outs, if available, can be requested but a nominal cost will be charged.
Number of Guests should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed with the owners in advance.
Parties and Functions
Strictly prohibited. These are residential properties designed for small numbers of guests. The price charged is for domestic use only and not for commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in loss of your bond and/or additional payments.
Accepted on individual request only
Damage or Losses
A property is typically someone's home. Please treat the property rented accordingly and leave the property and all its contents in good order and in acceptably clean condition. Cleaning charges may apply at $50 per hour if the house is not in an acceptable clean condition.
Any damages or losses caused during the rental period, as well as any special cleaning requirements will be the guests responsibility and may be charged and deducted from the security of holding credit card provided on initial booking deposit. In cases of excessive or unacceptable loss or damage at any time during the rental period, the property manager may require the guest and his/her party to vacate the property immediately, without compensation or refund.
A security deposit of $500 will be paid directly to the property manager upon arrival, by having the pre signed terms and conditions form. The standard security deposit required for each property is stated in each description, however the property manager has the right to impose different requirements on a case by case basis.
The property manager may at their discretion just hold the credit card as security and not put through security deposit, unless damage is done, whereas then full security deposit will be automatically charged to card.
The security deposit by credit card will normally be refunded at the end of the rental period after deducting the cost of replacement or repair for any loss or damage to the property or its surrounds or contents (small items, ie broken drinking glass, not charged) caused during the rental period. If this cost cannot be reasonably determined prior to the guests’ departure, the property manager is entitled to withhold a reasonable estimate from the guests security deposit, and will return any balance to the guest as soon as possible after the actual cost is determined.
Credit card details are to be given on arrival, should a guest pay by direct deposit.
Loss of Key
Unreturned key to lock box located on property will result in the cost of replacement of all door locks on property, labour & associated costs for locksmith.
A holding charge of $1000 will be debited immediately to credit card, until such time, invoices are provided to the property manager & exact cost is determined.
Valuables and Security
Any guest valuables or property left or used at the property are at the guests own risk. Neither King Island Escapes individual owners, private companies, Pty Ltd companies, nor the property manager accepts any responsibility for loss or damage to guest property. The guest is responsible for the property during the rental period and must ensure that all windows and doors are looked securely when not in the premises.
Any act or omission by the guest, their party or visitors which may negate or prejudice the property's insurance policy and/or results in loss or damage is the guests’ responsibility.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This agreement is governed by Australian law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia