Please note we are no longer taking on any new bookings from the 1st of July 2021
Discover Porky Beach Luxury Retreat
Set amongst a stunning natural backdrop of the Great Southern Ocean, the retreat showcases this panorama, through floor-to-ceiling glass. Unwind in your private outdoor, beachfront bespoke sauna and sunken timber hot tub.
Relax in this spacious setting that provides a sanctuary away from life – with rotating fireplace, gourmet kitchen and bespoke style and touches that provides the highest standard of luxury accommodation on King Island.
Part of King Island Escapes, Porky Beach Luxury Retreat is your tranquil escape to authentically reconnect with nature. With a commitment to environmental sustainability, this is the architectural ethos that has shaped and styled Porky Beach Luxury Retreat.
Luxury plus environmental sustainability
We have a focus on collection and conservation of rainwater, water recycling, double glazing, efficient energy with hot water, plus an ongoing regeneration program of planting native species as part of limiting the impact and to protect local flora and fauna.
The ultimate beach retreat, with views to take your breath away!
Porky Beach House is a custom, architecturally designed, spectacular property set in a unique coastal setting upon sand dunes with direct access to your private beach.
Golfers will love the convenience, with Ocean Dunes Golf Course just 5 minutes drive and Cape Wickham is 30 minutes drive. King Island's airport is 5 minutes drive and the main township of Currie is 10 minutes drive.
- 4 Bedrooms 2.5 Bathrooms/Ensuite and Powder Room. Rain showers with heated floors (additional, 4th bathroom started Sept 2018)
- 4 Kings or 8 Long singles (can accommodate 10 if use sofa lounge and rollaway)
- Latest Curved White TV with surround sound and a Bose sound system with an iPod dock
- Full range Telstra coverage in retreat
- Free unlimited ADSL Wi-Fi
- Huge commercial rated kitchen, breakfast bench seating and top of the range appliances
- Vitamix Pro blender
- Butler's pantry, Nespresso coffee machine, Ziegler and Brown cast iron BBQ
- Games, indoor and outdoor
- Foxtel with all channels
- Library Novels & Historical/Native Books on King Island.
- Laundry and Dryer Facilities
- Fishing and Fun Sporting Equipment.
- Outdoor Canadian red cedar Hot Tub, red cedar glass barrel Sauna and an outdoor designed 'pebble beach' hot/cold shower, included in tariff
- Handmade "lovers" swing
Plus, a first and only holiday rental -in-Australia (and King Island!), glass-fronted coal fireplace from Estonia; the home of traditional saunas. With the sauna having a complete end of double glaze glass overlooking the beach and the setting sun, this is no ordinary sauna.
- Welcome drinks & light snack tailored to arrival time and personalised meet and greet
- King Island Cheese selection
- Continental welcome breakfast items
- Exclusive use of sunken outdoor cedar hot tub and red cedar barrel sauna, bespoke, one of a kind and built on king island. Outdoor designed 'pebble beach' hot and cold shower.
- Shed full of firewood.
- Linen, towels and bathrobes are provided for all bedrooms and made up for guests arrival.
- Extensive supply of staple pantry items.
- Jo Malone & Aesop luxury toiletries to use during stay.
- Foxtel and free wifi
- Checkin: 3:30pm Checkout 11am
- $980 per night for up to 4 guests
- $75 per person/child per night extra
- Cleaning is included in the rates.
We require a 3 night minimum, however on request 2 nights or (1 night, applicable only 2 weeks prior to date) can be accommodated, with a $350 cleaning surcharge.
Long weekends have a 3 night minimum and Easter a 4 night minimum. Christmas till the 15th January has a 5 - 7 night minimum, depending on week.
Please view the availability button for current tariffs and and special packages or promotions that may be on offer.
Our home away from home. Alexandra’s touch is everywhere you look, and is living proof that 5 stars are possible, even on a remote island.